Davis Instruments 6162 Wireless Vantage Pro2 Plus with UV and Solar Radiation Sensors at $895.00 with FREE shipping, retains all the reliable and accurate features of the Vantage Pro2 and adds even more!
The Vantage Pro2 is now enhanced with a bubble level on the rain collector to help make installation easier and more accurate, an improved anemometer base for easier cable routing and to avoid damaging the cable, stronger wind cups and factory calibrated wind direction.
The Davis Instruments 6162 Vantage Pro2 Plus Weather Station with Standard Radiation Shield transmits and receives data from up to 1,000 feet away (line-of-sight) - that's more than three football fields in length and quite an improvement over the original Vantage Pro figures!
The Davis Instruments Vantage Pro2 Plus Weather station adds two additional sensors to the standard Vantage Pro2 set - an ultraviolet (UV) sensor to measure the sunburn portion of the light spectrum and a solar radiation sensor to measure evapotranspiration (drying factor).
This wireless Vantage Pro2 weather station from Davis Instruments retains all the features that made the original Vantage Pro so famous yet adds many more such as button realignment to make navigating to often-used functions much easier; a redesigned rain collector that is laser-calibrated to ensure the best accuracy possible; and a re-tooled Integrated Sensor Suite with upgraded electronics. In addition, the Vantage Pro2 Plus has a fifth radiation shield plate to improve accuracy and readings!
The Vantage Pro2 Plus wireless weather station consists of a backlit console unit with LCD screen and an innovative integrated sensor suite that includes a rain collector with self-emptying bucket, temperature and humidity sensors, UV sensor, solar radiation senor and an anemometer. The sensor suite is housed inside a radiation shield, protecting the sensors against solar radiation and additional sources of reflected and/or radiated heat.
With the expanded transmission range that can be extended with optional repeaters, this Vantage Pro2 Plus wireless weather station includes an anemometer that can be mounted with the sensor suite or detached and placed in a separate, more suitable location. The system includes 40 feet of anemometer cable to run back to the sensor suite for increased flexibility.
The Vantage Pro2 Plus weather station includes a solar-powered sensor array and other features such as on-screen graphing, forecasting using easy-to-read icons (sunny, cloudy, rain, snow), barometric pressure trend, inside temperature, dew point, humidity information, moon phase, time and date, and much more!
In addition, this high-tech wireless weather station will track highs and lows (and/or totals and averages) for almost all weather variables for the past 24 days, months or years and track your local forecast!
The upgraded Vantage Pro2 Plus wireless weather station is truly state-of-the-art!
- Provides accurate weather data in a sophisticated yet easy-to-read format
- Stylish backlit console provides continual updated weather information
- Wireless transmission means no unsightly cable leading into the house or office
- Can retransmit information from one Vantage Pro2 Plus console to another
- Weather information includes inside/outside temperature, rainfall amount, humidity levels, wind speed, wind direction and wind chill factor
- Additional weather information includes barometric pressure trend, heat index, dew point, time of sunrise and sunset, forecasting icons, UV index and solar radiation information
- Rain collector is self-emptying tipping aluminum-plated bucket reading rainfall in 0.01-inch increments
- Bubble level mounted on the base inside the rain collector cone makes installation easier and more accurate
- Standard radiation shield protects sensors from harmful reflected or radiated heat
- Integrated sensor suite includes detachable anemometer with 40 feet of cable
- Sensor suite is powered by solar energy with backup battery life span of 1 to 2 years
- Effective wireless transmission range 1,000 feet (line-of-sight) with typical range through walls, etc., of 200 to 400 feet transmitting on frequency-hopping spread spectrum of 902 to 928 MHz
- Optional repeaters can increase wireless transmission range from 100 to 1,000 feet each depending on terrain
- Anemometer base has been redesigned for easier cable routing to avoid damaging the cable
- Enhanced stronger wind cups are wind-tunnel tested to 180 mph
- Davis continues to calibrate the wind direction to be accurate when the anemometer arm is pointed true north. If you need to point the anemometer arm in another direction you will need to re-calibrate the wind direction using the Vantage Pro2 console
- Expandable weather station compatible with up to eight different sensors
- The transmitter and battery are housed inside the radiation shield
- Console powered by AC adapter with 3 C backup batteries (not included) Batteries last up to one year under normal use
- Has more than 70 alarm functions
- Data logger and software package available, sold separately
- All mounting hardware is included
- Optional mounting pole and tripod are available
- For additional technical specifications click here
- One year manufacturer warranty
- Detailed instruction manual included and technical support available
NOTE: Most original Vantage Pro accessories are
not compatible with Vantage Pro2 systems.
|This unit is compatible with the
Mounting Tripod and Mounting Pole Kit
People who purchased this item also purchased:
|| Mounting Tripod
|Model # 7716
Our Price: $68.00