|Kestrel 0840BNVTAN Kestrel 4000NV Pocket Weather Tracker with Bluetooth - Tan at $354.00 with FREE shipping, measures Altitude, Pressure Trend, Barometric Pressure, Relative Humidity, Heat Stress Index, Dewpoint, Wet Bulb Temperature, Density Altitude, Wind Chill, Air, Snow and Water Temperatures, Current and Average Wind Speeds and Maximum Wind Gust, Customizable 1400 Data Point Storage, Wireless, Automatic Data Transfer.
Now, with integrated Bluetooth technology, both real-time and logged data can be transferred wirelessly and automatically to a laptop or PDA. Every Bluetooth Kestrel will include custom communication software designed to quickly and easily configure your data transmission frequency, download logged data, graph data, and transfer data to other applications.
Data transmission range adjustment allows you to maximize power to communicate with your Kestrel at up to a 30 feet range, or reduce power for closer, more secure operation. Individual unit IDs ensure you pair with the Kestrel you want, even when more than one system is operating in the same area.
A little about NV: This unit has a night-vision preserving backlight which helps users to sustain natural night vision. The NV's backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. Additionally, NV backlights are also much dimmer than a standard backlight, making it more difficult to detect with the naked eye in night operations. This backlight appears soft grayish pink, not red, and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.
It takes 30 to 45 minutes for the average eye to adapt to darkness and maximize night vision. Even a short burst of white, yellow, green or blue light “bleaches out” the rod cell photoreceptors in the eye and causes night blindness until the entire adaptation process can take place again. Light in the red spectrum does not cause this “bleaching out”, preventing night blindness and night vision fatigue.
Kestrel 4000NV Measures:
- Barometric pressure
- Pressure trend
- Relative humidity
- Heat stress index
- Wet bulb temperature
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature
- Current wind speed
- Average wind speed
- Maximum wind gust
- Bluetooth Technology
- Waterproof and floats
- Easy to read, backlit display
- Time and date
- Exterior temperature, humidity, and pressure sensors for fast and accurate readings
- Humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Minimum, maximum, and average values
- Automatically store measurements, even when the unit is turned off
- Manually store measurements with the press of a button
- Customizable data storage - 2000 data points
- Graph and recall trends
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Data charting
- Data upload (with optional interface)
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- User-replaceable impeller
- Flip-top impeller cover allows use of other functions while protecting the impeller
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the USA
- 5-year warranty
- Soft carry pouch
- Neck lanyard
- Batteries 2 AAA
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity