RainWise Weather Stations PORTLOG Portable Weather Station at $3,145.50 with FREE shipping,
is a compact rugged industrial grade data logging weather station. The unit is fully assembled and can be quickly deployed. The large 3-Watt solar panel and 4AH sealed lead acid battery ensure reliable operation in the harshest conditions.
The non-volatile memory can provide data storage for up to 9 months at a one-hour logging rate. The user selectable rate can be adjusted down to one minute. Memory upgrades are available for extended logging applications. The PortLog memory can be configured to wrap or stop logging when full. In wrapping mode, the oldest record is replaced with newest when the memory if full. Wind speed records include peak and average speeds for the interval. The average direction is recorded. The remaining parameters are instantaneous readings. Data is output in comma-delimited text (CSV). Microsoft Excel can be used to view, graph and manipulate the data.
The PortLog features a patent pending wind direction sensor that provides 1-degree resolution with no dead band. The wind speed sensor features race bearings, which offer excellent longevity and a low starting threshold.
The precision barometer reports absolute atmospheric pressure but can be corrected for altitude. Corrections are made using the supplied software.
Data can be retrieved from the PortLog using a notebook computer, Windows Mobile PDA (with PLmobile software), landline modem or cellular modem. An additional power source will be required to power communication equipment.
The PortLog is normally supplied with a tough carrying case. The case will carry the PortLog, tripod and accessories. Accessories include a hammer, battery charger and hand held compass.
The tripod can be quickly assembled and includes a ground anchor. One person can easily deploy the weather station in a few minutes. The PortLog can also be supplied without the tripod and carrying case.
The PORTLOG is guaranteed for five years.
- Wind Speed Range: 0 - 150 mph
- Wind Speed Accuracy: ± 2 percent of full scale
- Wind Direction Range: 0-360 with 1 degree resolution
- Wind Direction Accuracy: ± 3 degrees
- Relative Humidity Range: 0 - 100 percent
- Relative Humidity Accuracy: ± 2 percent from –40 to 65 degrees Celsius
- Temperature Range: -66 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit (-54 to 65 degrees Celsius)
- Temperature Accuracy: ± 2.0 degrees Fahrenheit (± 1.0 degrees Celsius)
- Dew Point Range: -40 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit (-40 to 43 degrees Celsius)
- Dew Point Accuracy: ± 4 degrees Fahrenheit (± 2 degrees Celsius)
- Barometer Range: 10.2 inches Hg to 37.4 inches Hg (300 to 1100 millibars (hPa)
- Barometer Accuracy: ± 0.01 inches Hg (± 0.5 millibars (hPa) at 25 degrees Celsius (after local offset adjustment)
- Barometer temperature compensated from -40 to 85 degrees Celsius
- Rainfall Range: Unlimited tipping bucket with 8 inch diameter collector.
- Rainfall Resolution: 0.01 inch (0.25 mm)
- Rainfall Accuracy: ± 2 percent at 1.0 inches per hour
- Solar Radiation Range: 0 to 2,000 watts per square meter
- Solar Radiation Response: 400 to 1,200 nanometers
- Solar Radiation Accuracy: Maximum ±5.0 percent - typical ±3.0 percent
- Made in the USA
- 5 year manufacturer warranty