LightAir IonFlow 50 Style Air Purifier at $495.00 with FREE shipping, delivers with eye-catching beauty probably the healthiest air in the world. It offers an outstanding combination of efficient, silent, ozone free, energy saving, and easy to use, economical operation. LightAir IonFlow 50 boasts stylish looks, features, and performance.
Research and development shows that LightAir IonFlow 50 in continuous operation is extremely effective at eliminating the smallest airborne pollution particles (nano particles below 0.1 micron). These particles normally represent around 90 percent of all particles in the air and are considered to cause the most severe health problems. And, a LightAir air purifier does not lose effect over time like filter-based air purifiers do.
- Attractive air purifier for rooms up to 540 square feet
- Handmade acrylic floor stand
- Eliminates the smallest airborne pollutants
- No expensive filters to change; wash collector every 2 weeks
- Ozone-free silent operation; energy efficient; discreet light in base
- Measures 7.5 by 26 inches
- 1 year manufacturer warranty
- Ion generator: LightAir patented technology generates more than 250,000 negative ions/cm3 on 1 meters distance per second through the three corona needles.
- Collector: The positively charged aluminum collector attracts the particles and leaves the air clean. The air purifier is proven not to lose effect over time like air purifiers based on mechanical filters or electrostatic precipitation.
- Stand: The handmade transparent acrylic stand elegantly positions LightAir IonFlow 50 style in any environment.
- Protective guard: If you are worried that you or those around you may find the mild, harmless electric charge unpleasant, you can use the protective guard. Please note that this is not required from a safety perspective. LightAir IonFlow 50 has all required certifications according to international standards.
- Decorative lights and certifications: The decorative LED lights are independent from the function. They can easily be changed and turned on or off at any time. LightAir IonFlow 50 has all required certifications according to international standards.
- Effective: Research & Development shows that LightAir IonFlow 50 in continuous operation effectively removes practically all airborne pollution particles (size 0.01-1.0 micron), like from dust, smoke, pollen allergens, bacteria, viruses, fungus, mould, pet dander, and more. LightAir IonFlow 50 is extremely effective at eliminating the smallest particles (nano particles below 0.1 micron) which cause the most severe health problems. These particles represent approximately 90 percent of all particles in the air. The air purifier also removes larger particles (1.0-25.0 microns) at a reasonable rate.
- Award-winning design: An object of desire! LightAir IonFlow 50 has earned several prestigious design awards, among them the Rising Star Award at the 2004 Elle Deco International Design Awards Event, Rockefeller Center, New York, and in July 2007 a silver IDEA in the Consumer Products category in the 2007 International Design Excellence Awards. LightAir IonFlow 50 is small and moveable with clean lines, slim silhouette and transparency that offer consumers a stylish alternative to typical industrial-looking air purifiers. LightAir IonFlow 50 is shaped by award-winning Swedish designer Michael Malmborg.
- Easy to use, assemble, and maintain: Just plug in and let LightAir IonFlow 50 work for you around the clock every day and night. For best effect it should in fact stay turned on, working continuously all the time. Easily and quickly clean the collector in hot water and dishwashing liquid once every two weeks or when needed. No need to ever change an expensive filter or spend time on cleaning complicated filter blade systems to keep your air purifier effective. LightAir IonFlow 50 fits into any environment, is easy to use in homes, offices and public areas, hospital, medical or industrial buildings.
- Economical: No expensive filters to replace. Clean the collector in hot water and dishwashing liquid when needed. Most air-cleaning devices on the market have expensive filters that should be replaced at least twice a year. On average such filters cost approximately $200. This adds up to a yearly cost of at least $400-$500.
- Energy efficient: LightAir IonFlow 50 runs on only 12 volts and uses less than 7 watts per hour. This is equal to only 10 percent of a normal light bulb or less than 10 percent of most conventional air cleaners. The decorative LED lights are energy saving and have a long life cycle of 75,000 hours.
- Ozone free: LightAir IonFlow 50 ozone level is not measurable and therefore considered to be equal to zero. In a third-party test of the device, the steady state ozone concentration in the test room operated with 0.5 air exchanges per hour remained below the detection limit of the measuring instrument (0.002 ppm). For reference; The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires ozone output of indoor medical devices to be no more than 0.05 ppm. EPA's National Ambient Air Quality Standard for ozone is a maximum 8 hour average outdoor concentration of 0.08 ppm. According to Consumer Reports, many air purifiers on the market surpass the threshold value by emitting ozone of 0.05-0.3 ppm. Learn more at www.epa.gov.
- Silent: Less than 5 dB. Most other air-cleaning devices on the market are fan driven and generate between 35 dB and 80 dB, some even higher. A noise level of 63 dB can be compared to the noise of a washing machine or a lawn mower. For reference, a level of 45 dB indoors is identified as preventing activity, interference and annoyance. Only below this level of noise will permit spoken conversation and other activities such as sleeping, working and recreation.
- Compact: Small and moveable. Fits into any environment.
- Environmentally friendly: LightAir uses recyclable materials and complies with the RoHS directive. The RoHS directive stands for "the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment". This directive bans placing on the EU market new electrical and electronic equipment containing higher than agreed levels of cadmium, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyl (PB), or polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) flame retardants.
How It Works
- Most harmful pollution generated both by indoor and outdoor sources is positively charged. The patented LightAir IonFlow technology makes our air purifier generate more than 250,000 negative ions per cm3 measured from a distance of one meter and without generating any ozone. The enormous production of ions makes it possible to effectively distribute the negative charge into all corners of a room.
- The negative ions attach to the positively charged, harmful particles in the air, such as from dust, pollen allergens, bacteria, mould, pet dander, viruses etc.
- The positively charged collector attracts the particles and leaves the air clean. The collector is proven not to lose effect over time like filter-based purifiers do. When necessary, the collector can easily be removed and cleaned in hot water.
- Larger clusters of particles fall to the floor before being trapped by the collector and will be removed by regular vacuum cleaning.
Tests conducted by the Swedish National Testing and Research Institute prove that LightAir Ion Flow 50 air purifier effectively eliminates practically all airborne pollution particles (size 0.3-1.0 micron) in less than five hours without generating any ozone. And it does not lose effect over time. Tests show that LightAir IonFlow 50 is extremely effective eliminating the smallest particles (nano particles below 0.1 micron) which cause the most severe health problems. The extraordinary performance of LightAir IonFlow 50 air purifier is mainly due to its ability to generate enormous volumes of electrons forming a corresponding quantity of negative ions. In fact it generates more than 250,000 ions per cubic centimeter measured at a distance of one meter. This is a level that probably no other ionizer has ever reached before without serious side effects and without generating any ozone. This large amount of negative ions balances out the overdose of positive ions in indoor air, a balance that is proven to be good for our health. Even more important is its capacity to distribute the negative charge throughout the room and collect particles which is directly related to the large production of negative ions.
Extensive Research. Decades of Development:
The engineers at LightAir have been doing research on ion generators in Sweden for more than 25 years. They have developed sophisticated applications that have been used all over the world at military facilities, in the casino industry, the fruit and vegetable industry, horseracing stables, hospitals and many more situations. During the last 10 years scientists at LightAir have been focusing on research using ionization in air purification for home and office environment, which have resulted in the unique patented LightAir IonFlow Technology.
Place the air purifier at least 3 feet/1 meter away from all walls, furniture and all electronic equipment (TV, computer, etc). If possible place the air purifier 5 feet/1.5 m or more away from all electronic equipment and at least 1½ feet/0.5 m away from all other items in the room. If these recommendations are not followed, nearby walls and/or furniture can become somewhat dirty. You may experience a small charge when touching the collector. This is not dangerous! The voltage of the air purifier is equivalent to around 8% of a 1.5v battery. If you find this mild charge unpleasant, unplug the appliance before handling it. If you are worried that you or those around you may find the mild, harmless shock unpleasant, you can use the protective guard provided. Please note that this is not essential from a safety perspective.